New Lead in EAR/ONS case

Discussion of crimes & cases NOT RELATED to the Zodiac Killer

Re: New Lead in EAR/ONS case

Postby zodiphile » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:25 am

I'm almost finished reading the book on this case 'Sudden Terror'. Just because the suspect may have left pain specks/chips/traces at a few crime scenes doesn't mean he ever worked on these shopping centers! The guy could've been an artist (might explain how he seemed to have so much time stalking and spending all evening and night doing his thing), worked in a auto body shop, painted houses, etc. Maybe they have a lot more info than they're releasing but seems like they just looked into building permits issued around that time frame. Either way, i really hope they solve this string of crimes.
zodiphile

Postby Tahoe27 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:20 am

zodiphile wrote:I'm almost finished reading the book on this case 'Sudden Terror'. Just because the suspect may have left pain specks/chips/traces at a few crime scenes doesn't mean he ever worked on these shopping centers! The guy could've been an artist (might explain how he seemed to have so much time stalking and spending all evening and night doing his thing), worked in a auto body shop, painted houses, etc. Maybe they have a lot more info than they're releasing but seems like they just looked into building permits issued around that time frame. Either way, i really hope they solve this string of crimes.

This makes me wonder about the type of paint they found. Wouldn't they be able to tell if it was auto body paint vs. house paint, etc?

"...they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs--other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac's doorstep." L.A. Times, 1969
Tahoe27

Postby Quicktrader » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:26 am

Tahoe27 wrote:
zodiphile wrote:I'm almost finished reading the book on this case 'Sudden Terror'. Just because the suspect may have left pain specks/chips/traces at a few crime scenes doesn't mean he ever worked on these shopping centers! The guy could've been an artist (might explain how he seemed to have so much time stalking and spending all evening and night doing his thing), worked in a auto body shop, painted houses, etc. Maybe they have a lot more info than they're releasing but seems like they just looked into building permits issued around that time frame. Either way, i really hope they solve this string of crimes.

This makes me wonder about the type of paint they found. Wouldn't they be able to tell if it was auto body paint vs. house paint, etc?

As far as I've read somewhere it was light blue color of a house, was it a hospital? They have already identified the constructing company of that building, which was constructed during that time (it still exists).

QT
*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*
Quicktrader

Postby zodiphile » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:30 pm

Well, I'mm not saying that they can't identify the type of paint. Its been a very long time but maybe they can even identify the brand of paint it was. I don't know much about paint but i'd think basic interior or exterior paint for buildings is much more common than say auto paint. With the GRK, it was a very specific paint that was only used on the trucks, i believe. I do hope this is a very rare paint that only seems to match commercial buildings from around that time. I've never thought EAR would be found but i'm very happy to see that they are still investigating it like its high priority.
zodiphile

Postby Quicktrader » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:26 pm

Every color can be id'd very easily as they all differ a bit, police does it regularly eg with car accidents.

Qt
*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*
Quicktrader

Postby Seagull » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:00 pm

Yes, that can be done with car paint because the manufacturers need to provide the formula to auto repair/paint shops so that vehicles that only need a partial paint job can be matched. When it comes to commercial or residential paint it's a different story. Many of those colors are custom and can't be matched exactly.

Everything that I've read about the paint chips is that it is commercial or residential paint, not vehicle paint.
Seagull

Postby ace ventura » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:46 pm

Don't you think they will use spectrometry to isolate the chemical componds and ID matching types .
ace ventura

Postby Tahoe27 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:43 am

"...they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs--other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac's doorstep." L.A. Times, 1969
Tahoe27

Postby morf13 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:16 pm

This is good news. I think the suspect list has to be rather small. How many men were actually in both Northern CA & Southern CA at the exact times of the attacks in both areas? Can't be many. Then take those men and decipher what matches or does not match what is known about EARONS/GSK, and I think you wind up with a pretty small list
morf13
Site Admin

Postby duckking2001 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:52 am

yeah, like which of them has done time in prison. For the Zodiac, maybe the guy never did any time, but for EAR/ONS I'd say that is nearly impossible.
duckking2001

PreviousNext

Return to NON-Zodiac Crimes