SRHM - Carolyn Davis / Greta Modecke / etc.

Discussion of crimes & cases NOT RELATED to the Zodiac Killer

Re: SRHM - Carolyn Davis / Greta Modecke / etc.

Postby PinkPhantom » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:30 am

The death by poisoning is interesting. I know that Leonard Lake (who had a murderous accomplice named Charles Ng) killed himself by taking a poisonous pill when he knew he was being apprehended. He kept the pill/poison supposedly with him at all times in a pocket of his pants or something.
Last edited by PinkPhantom on Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
PinkPhantom

Postby PinkPhantom » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:32 am

Pettibon Junction wrote:Last week, I read Maggie Nelson's excellent memoir on the trial of her aunt Jane Mixer's killer and the long shadow cast by the Michigan Murders over her family history. Seeing this thread become active again made me remember how John Norman Collins, the man in prison for the bulk of these murders, was long suspected of killing a teenage girl named Roxie Phillips in Salinas, CA. The probable scene of this crime was a stolen trailer later found wiped clean on the property of Collins' college friend and California native Andy Manuel. Manuel was initially suspected as an accomplice but later passed an FBI polygraph. He was given one year's probation for the trailer theft and I'm not sure what became of him afterwards.

The Santa Rosa murders, both in signature and victimology, are remarkably similar to the Michigan co-ed killings. If Manuel was indeed an accomplice of John Norman Collins, it may be worth seeing if he can be placed in Sonoma County during the time-frame of those murders.

EDIT:
I did some research and it appears that Manuel wound up in Arizona sometime after Collins' conviction. It remains unclear whether he has any connection to Sonoma County.

Manuel has always sent my hinky meter to the red. And Collins? So scary as he was so intelligent and not bad on the eyes. I could see him easily luring a female to her death.
Last edited by PinkPhantom on Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
PinkPhantom

Postby PinkPhantom » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:36 am

PinkPhantom

Postby Paul_Averly » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:02 pm

Paul_Averly

Postby Seagull » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:58 pm

It's not out of the realm of possibility, PA. I use to have a good contact at the Sonoma County Sheriff's Department but he was promoted and the current regime does not appreciate people outside of LE meddling in their cold cases.
Seagull

Postby morf13 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:52 am

Seagull, anything happening in the documentary front?
morf13
Site Admin

Postby Seagull » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:09 am

No, that fizzed. The guy did not even have the decency to get back to me to further discuss some other options. I put together tons of material for him, tracked down many people and he just disappeared. Very disappointing.
Seagull

Postby morf13 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:15 am

Seagull wrote:No, that fizzed. The guy did not even have the decency to get back to me to further discuss some other options. I put together tons of material for him, tracked down many people and he just disappeared. Very disappointing.

That really sucks, the case is definitely worthy of a documentary. Have you thought about approaching any local film makers, film students,etc?
morf13
Site Admin

Postby jamesmsv » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:11 am

The ubiquitous Gian Quasar has a good analysis of these crimes on his blog:
https://questersite.wordpress.com/2016/03/04/the-sonoma-co-ed-killer/
He puts forward a strong case for there being two separate killers - I know this isn't his original idea but there aren't many as good as him when it comes to bringing together all of the disparate facts in cold cases. I would be interested in hearing from anyone very familiar with the case as to what they think of his work on this.
On a related note, he has a blog post talking about a tv deal he's made where he'll be covering some of the less famous cold cases - let's hope this is one of them (I assume by 'famous' he's referring to JTR, Zodiac, and possibly EARONS). As usual he's very thin on detail when it comes to these teaser announcements.
I write and produce heavy metal music and also create tutorials on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/jamesmsv
jamesmsv

Postby Tahoe27 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:29 pm

He has some really good points in his stuff in general, and some really bad ones too. It's all how one sees it. Seagull would be best to take a look. I'll give her a heads-up.

"...they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs--other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac's doorstep." L.A. Times, 1969
Tahoe27

PreviousNext

Return to NON-Zodiac Crimes