SRHM - Carolyn Davis / Greta Modecke / etc.

Discussion of crimes & cases NOT RELATED to the Zodiac Killer

Re: SRHM - Carolyn Davis / Greta Modecke / etc.

Postby Seagull » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:06 pm

I did take a look at Quasar's site. It looks like most of his research has been to look at other websites and books then come up with an opinion. He has never contacted me and I have quite a bit on the murders I've never posted partly because I don't want to give away any info that might be a hold back by LE, something only the killer would know.

I do know what each victim was wearing and what other items they had with them when last seen, for instance.

Recently I came across a new suspect. I haven't been able to find much on him relative to the SRHM, only that he was an named suspect. However he was a serial killer and was put to death in Texas in 1985 for murders there. He was living in Novato (Marin County) and San Francisco in the early 70s. He was known to torture his victims. His total murder count is thought to be 30 or more victims.

There is a bit about him online and I'm surprised I'd never heard about him before now. His name is Stephen Peter Morin.

SRHM suspect 1981.png

SRHM suspect 1981 2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Seagull

Postby jamesmsv » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:09 am

Thanks Seagull, that looks like an interesting find. Regarding GQ, that's a shame he hasn't been in touch as his writings give the impression that he is very thorough. Perhaps the fact that he's a professional author (and therefore can't afford/doesn't want to share any credit) is clouding his investigative method. I do however think that his interpretation of the two-killer theory is very compelling.
I write and produce heavy metal music and also create tutorials on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/jamesmsv
jamesmsv

Postby Seagull » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:52 am

Quasar's two person theory is certainly not anything new. Detectives at the time felt that the murders could have been four different events. Retired Detective Butch Carlstadt felt that Kursa's death was an accident and her mother and stepfather dumped her body because they were both on thin ice because of other criminal activity. They had probation revocation hanging over their heads if they messed up again.

Jeannette Kamahele's boyfriend was thought to have killed her. His actions after her disappearance led to that conclusion. He did not try to help find her and left the area for Hawaii within a week of her going missing.

Kim Allen and possibly Theresa Walsh were thought to have been killed by Fred Manalli.

Weber, Sterling and Davis were thought to have been killed by a group of people, not sure exactly how many people but Richard Anderson was said to have been part of that group. Carlstedt told me that Anderson committed suicide after he was pressed for the names of the others in the group. Apparently Carstedt had questioned Anderson a number of times.

I have posted all of this in the past both at our old forum and at ZK.com's forum. It's really no secret. The March 5, 1989 Press Democrat article about the murders quotes Carlstadt as saying he believed two different men were responsible for the murders. That article has been posted, too.

Quasar strikes me as someone who combs the internet and compiles the work of others then calls it his own research.
Seagull

Previous

Return to NON-Zodiac Crimes