Kurt Cobain Murdered?

Discussion of crimes & cases NOT RELATED to the Zodiac Killer

Re: Kurt Cobain Murdered?

Postby Pettibon Junction » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:00 am

jamesmsv wrote:Paul, have you seen the older documentary 'Who Killed Kurt Cobain?' by British investigative reporter Nick Broomfield? I can only find this bad upload on youtube but it's a very good , thorough examination of the case. I guiltily await someone uploading the new one to youtube too.....
https://youtu.be/4n9Da-DN134

The documentary is actually called Kurt and Courtney.
"There are such devils."
-The Pledge
Pettibon Junction

Postby DoctorS » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:22 pm

Love Alice In Chains. Layne Staley was the best rock singer of his generation imho. They could rock as hard as any band, but had excellent harmonies and great acoustic stuff, too. So versatile. Had the pleasure of meeting Mark Lanegan when I was a teenager before a Screaming Trees Earth Day concert at the college in my town. He was stoned out of his gourd but very nice and gave me and my friends passes to get into the show. When I was in high school/college my band played a bunch of grunge stuff, including Nearly Lost You and Rape Me. Good to hear some Alice and Screaming Trees fans out there. Takes me back!

Had tickets to see AIC when they were opening for Van Halen but didn't end up at the show. Always wished I could have seen Nirvana too, though not a huge fan. I did see Soundgarden and Pearl Jam at Lollapalooza II. And speaking of Lollapalooza, Jane's Addiction were pretty damn good back in the day.
DoctorS

Postby jamesmsv » Wed May 03, 2017 10:50 am

Pettibon Junction wrote:
jamesmsv wrote:Paul, have you seen the older documentary 'Who Killed Kurt Cobain?' by British investigative reporter Nick Broomfield? I can only find this bad upload on youtube but it's a very good , thorough examination of the case. I guiltily await someone uploading the new one to youtube too.....
https://youtu.be/4n9Da-DN134

The documentary is actually called Kurt and Courtney.

Thanks for the correction, I should have checked. Damn, what has the internet come to when those who show no regard for international copyright law also flagrantly mis-title their uploads? So it's now come to the point where we're having to research our research... websleuthing is doomed.
jamesmsv

Postby duckking2001 » Fri May 05, 2017 2:41 am

Paul_Averly wrote:It's the question of just because someone is a drug addict and suicidal, does that mean they can't still be murdered?

Sure they could, by a guy named Sid. It also seems to be the same people who think both incidents were conspiracies.

Is there a conspiracy to exonerate beloved rock stars and blame their girlfriends? Nah, must just be a coincidence.
duckking2001

Postby ophion1031 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:47 am

Does anyone else find it amusing that Courtney Love's band is called Hole? How perfect is that? What a nasty crack whore!
Dropping bodies in their graves.
ophion1031

Postby duckking2001 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:11 am

No. It's an intentionally ironic vulgarization of the female anatomy. I assume that you are not at all familiar with Riot Grrl? It was a musical style/culture that Hole was a part of which combined the aesthetic of Punk, hence the vulgarity, with Feminist politics, in particular a subversion of female sexual objectification.

..which is why those themes are also common in Nirvana songs. Everything about Kurt Cobain he got from Courtney Love. The fact that people love him and hate her for the same exact things is pure sexism, including their mental illness and substance addiction which you find worthy of such mockery.

Also Hole's most popular album was cowritten by Billy Corgan from Smashing Pumpkins, but he seems to not receive the credit, or shame for it, depending on your POV.

Another "fun" fact, Courtney Love had in the past called out Harvey Weinstein for being a rapist, but no one listens to anything she says.
duckking2001

Postby ophion1031 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:57 am

I am very familiar with that scene... Love some of those bands, (huge L7 and Lunachicks fan!), but not Hole.

I hate Courtney Love. She is a rotten person. I never liked Cobain either. He is the most over rated musician of all time. He could barely play guitar and definitely could not sing. I do love Dave Grohl, though. Great musician and even better person. But Nirvana got lucky. They wrote catchy songs and struck at the perfect time.
Dropping bodies in their graves.
ophion1031

Previous

Return to NON-Zodiac Crimes