Zodiac identified... :D

Zodiac stuff that doesn't seem to fit anyplace else

Re: Zodiac identified... :D

Postby Barry S. » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:06 pm

sandy betts wrote:Height was 88 inches, weight was 105 pounds.

This cannot be right... and if it is, he would be easily identifiable. ;)
Barry S.

Postby sandy betts » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:38 pm

LOL yep he would, but that was what was on his military records . I guess he can be written off the long list of suspects? Although I am pretty sure he probably gained a few pounds over the next 26 yrs., I hope it was just a typo on the 88 inches and they meant to type 68 inches .
sandy betts

Postby sandy betts » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:53 pm

Tahoe, You asked about Paul Petrie. The best I could do was find that he was a CHP officer not a police officer in Vallejo and that he supposedly dated Darlene as told to me by her sister. He was a suspect at one time in Darlene's murder, not in Betty Lou and David's.
Harry Martin did an article and named Petrie in his article as one of the police officers who dated Darlene.

Harry Martin had wrong information given to him by "others" he trusted . Although he was correct in saying that Darlene was dealing drugs ( As a small scale dealer ).

Small scale or not, if you are dealing drugs, you are bound to meet some unsavory people. I had suspected that she was doing that along with the counterfeit money.
It was one of her friends who told me about the drugs and Darlene dealing them, mostly to her close friends.
Dean knew nothing about what she was doing, Darlene told everyone that if Deans car was in the driveway, do not stop by.
sandy betts

Postby ophion1031 » Tue May 17, 2016 5:55 am

Quicktrader wrote:Paul Thomas Burdett...appears as if he had died 'of natural causes' in the end of March, 1970, in Fontana.

http://www.newspapers.com/newspage/29880445/

Except Donna Lass, all of the known Z crimes could still go on his account. However, later Z communications of course not. In fact he had died only days after the Kathleen Johns incident, therefore when police searched for a guy looking exactly like him.

Unable to place him in Northern California guess although he is the best match ever, if he is the same person like the Paul Thomas Burdett of Riverside, he probably can be ruled out.

QT

I didn't read through this whole thread, but a google search for "Paul Thomas Burdett" brought me to this post. His son, Paul Thomas Burdett Jr. was a classmate of Cheri Jo at Ramona HS. Paul Jr., who went by Tom, was the senior class president in 1965 and he looked a bit like the Stine sketch. I was just going through that yearbook and his photo kinda stuck out to me. QT, the obit you posted was actually for Burdett's father, Paul Sr.
Dropping bodies in their graves.
ophion1031

Postby sandy betts » Tue May 17, 2016 11:09 am

Quicktrader wrote:Well let's try to finish it..there have been some couple's freshly married/engaged - focussing on Z:

From the Zodiackillerfacts Lake Herman section (Betty Lou Jensen / David Faraday):

'The teenagers had met two weeks earlier while attending a church function and had become so attached to one another that David was soon cutting classes to visit with Betty Lou.'

So they met at church? Darlene later watching their murder? I am curious at which church they had met, yes curious about that one.. In that context, the small bible from Sandy Betts,

QT

The small bible that was left with the costume in my car was actually a Catholic prayer book that I though was a tiny bible, with the name of the owner torn off of it. The only possible Catholic Zodiac victim that I know of was Cheri Jo Bates. If that prayer book was hers, her killer wanted to leave a clue to that victim perhaps? The costume of course was a huge clue to the lake B victims.
Why not look for suspects with the initials of R.H. who had connections to areas in Vallejo or close to it and Riverside or near it?

I think that the confession letter was very telling. When the writer said her breast were firm, why would a younger suspect think to say that? All young girls breasts are firm. Seems to me it was a much older man who would notice the difference.
sandy betts

Postby cwf081166 » Mon May 23, 2016 2:06 pm

Quicktrader wrote on July 12, 2013 at 4:35AM
"I think I identified Z, but don't worry as there still is the cipher to crack." "Zodiac's name is (Paul) "
I also have been think Zodiac's first, second or last name could be "Paul"
Zodiac had an affinity to Paul Avery and why did He change His MO in the murder of Paul Stein?
Zodiac's 7 know victims were victims of His opportunity, and His suspected victims were also "victims of opportunity"
I one way the murder of Paul Stein could have been planned for weeks.
cwf081166

Postby Soze » Tue May 24, 2016 1:47 pm

sandy betts wrote:
I think that the confession letter was very telling. When the writer said her breast were firm, why would a younger suspect think to say that? All young girls breasts are firm. Seems to me it was a much older man who would notice the difference.

Lol. I believe a man of any age would have those thoughts.

Soze
Soze

Postby Soze » Tue May 24, 2016 1:50 pm

cwf081166 wrote:I one way the murder of Paul Stein could have been planned for weeks.

I would venture to say there is a strong likelihood that he planned all of his crimes months in advance.

Soze
Soze

Postby Tahoe27 » Tue May 24, 2016 7:16 pm

Soze wrote:
cwf081166 wrote:I one way the murder of Paul Stein could have been planned for weeks.

I would venture to say there is a strong likelihood that he planned all of his crimes months in advance.

Soze

Yep. One might even think they were planned from the very beginning. Maybe not the who, but the why and the where.

"...they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs--other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac's doorstep." L.A. Times, 1969
Tahoe27

Postby the ghost of zodiac » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:10 am

Very interesting thread on Zodiac's first name Paul

I do think Darlene may have dealt drugs to Zodiac (among other things) and he became enraged when he found her in a parked car with another man..

I believe Darlene's killer was probably the same man reportedly seen in the apt parking lot with Donna Lass in 1970.

Was Darlene killed by Zodiac because she could identify him in previous murder?

Darlene is suspected of selling drugs and Donna Lass worked as a nurse at SFrans, Letterman hospital and had access to strong painkillers

just food for thought
TGOZ
the ghost of zodiac

PreviousNext

Return to Zodiac MISCELLANY