Leonard Bates

Leonard Bates

Postby Quicktrader » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:40 am

A new theory..

Imagine a guy who..

- has the same last name as Cheri Jo Bates (cousin?)
- went to the school where Cecilia Shepard's father was a teacher (Loma Linda Academy http://zodiackiller.fr.yuku.com/topic/2 ... ter?page=2)
- looks very much like the Z sketch
- had heavy-rimmed glasses

So far, the theory is quite a light one..however it is interesting that he looks very much like the sketch AND carries CJB's last name. The MO of CJB's killing indicated that her assailant had known her well ("brush-offs" over years; direct body contact during the murder; knowledge of her name and potentially the address of her father etc.). When I saw his picture for the first time, I thought it resembled the sketch. Realizing that his name was the same like CJ Bates even irritated me. The circumstance that he could have known both, CJB and Cecilia Shepard, makes him a potential (!) suspect, at least to me.

The question is if we can place this guy to the Northern Bay area, too? There are some Leonard Bates there, e.g. one at 3401 Via Marina Avenua, Oxnard? (http://publicrecords.directory/search.php).

IF Zodiac had known both, CJB and Cecilia Shepard, then this was a potential connection between the two homicides. The following picture is from the 1962 Loma Linda Academy yearbook.

LeonardBates_comp.jpg


Guess this was Cecilia's father:
https://www.intelius.com/search/people- ... IwUUFGTSJ9
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2002-1 ... -officials

QT
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*
User avatar
Quicktrader
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:23 am
Location: Vienna, Austria (Europe)

Re: Leonard Bates

Postby Quicktrader » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:11 pm

Update..I found a Nerida Bates, if not all of the entries is the same she seems to know a Michael Bates, who most likely was the brother of Cheri Jo Bates (not too many Michael Bates' in Riverside / Loma Linda, I guess).

http://www.whitepages.com/name/Nerida-Bates

Her living address was in Loma Linda, where a/the Leonard Bates went to school, too. The same school where the father of Cecilia Shepard, latter being killed 500 miles North, was a teacher. Nerida Bates could well be a daughter of Leonard Bates. And, surprise, surprise, she also had a living address in Oakland. Assuming for a second that LB was in Oakland when Nerida was younger, this would make it even more interesting, wouldn't it?

QT
*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*
User avatar
Quicktrader
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:23 am
Location: Vienna, Austria (Europe)

Re: Leonard Bates

Postby morf13 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:40 pm

I mentioned this to you previously, Cheri, and her Parents & Brother moved to Riverside not many years before her high school time from out of state. She likely did not have Family there. You are trying to link somebody to her & the Z case, that likely is not a family member
User avatar
morf13
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6540
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:48 am
Location: NJ

Re: Leonard Bates

Postby Quicktrader » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:48 pm

morf13 wrote:I mentioned this to you previously, Cheri, and her Parents & Brother moved to Riverside not many years before her high school time from out of state. She likely did not have Family there. You are trying to link somebody to her & the Z case, that likely is not a family member


Good point..nevertheless her brother did live there..cant have a closer look into it..

nowhite.jpg


Maybe someone wants to have a look into this anyway. In fact we almost know nothing about the Bates family in (or not in) Riverside / Loma Linda. Could be a dead end, of course. Even if this guy was not a Bates family member, he was able to have ties to two victims, after all.

QT
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Quicktrader on Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*
User avatar
Quicktrader
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:23 am
Location: Vienna, Austria (Europe)

Re: Leonard Bates

Postby Tahoe27 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:51 pm

Quicktrader wrote:Update..I found a Nerida Bates, if not all of the entries is the same she seems to know a Michael Bates, who most likely was the brother of Cheri Jo Bates (not too many Michael Bates' in Riverside / Loma Linda, I guess).

http://www.whitepages.com/name/Nerida-Bates

Her living address was in Loma Linda, where a/the Leonard Bates went to school, too. The same school where the father of Cecilia Shepard, latter being killed 500 miles North, was a teacher. Nerida Bates could well be a daughter of Leonard Bates. And, surprise, surprise, she also had a living address in Oakland. Assuming for a second that LB was in Oakland when Nerida was younger, this would make it even more interesting, wouldn't it?

QT



Pretty sure it's her married name QT. She was not a Bates.
Image

"...they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs--other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac's doorstep." L.A. Times, 1969
User avatar
Tahoe27
 
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:13 pm

Re: Leonard Bates

Postby morf13 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:34 am

Also, QT, didn't I look this guys info up for you in the past and tell you that every single record I found for him was in southern CA?
User avatar
morf13
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6540
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:48 am
Location: NJ

Re: Leonard Bates

Postby Quicktrader » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:04 pm

morf13 wrote:Also, QT, didn't I look this guys info up for you in the past and tell you that every single record I found for him was in southern CA?


Nope, this guy is brand new..no info about him so far, except in this and Michael Bates thread. Guess you think about PAUL THOMAS BURDETT (corrected). That's exactly what I'm curious about..if this guy had lived in the Northern area. If he can be placed e.g. to Oakland, Santa Rosa, Sacramento or even Vallejo, too, that'd be a great success. However I can't look it up as my IP is not from the States (wtf..? thought its interNET). :?

QT
Last edited by Quicktrader on Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*
User avatar
Quicktrader
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:23 am
Location: Vienna, Austria (Europe)

Re: Leonard Bates

Postby Quicktrader » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:13 pm

Tahoe27 wrote:
Quicktrader wrote:Update..I found a Nerida Bates, if not all of the entries is the same she seems to know a Michael Bates, who most likely was the brother of Cheri Jo Bates (not too many Michael Bates' in Riverside / Loma Linda, I guess).

http://www.whitepages.com/name/Nerida-Bates

Her living address was in Loma Linda, where a/the Leonard Bates went to school, too. The same school where the father of Cecilia Shepard, latter being killed 500 miles North, was a teacher. Nerida Bates could well be a daughter of Leonard Bates. And, surprise, surprise, she also had a living address in Oakland. Assuming for a second that LB was in Oakland when Nerida was younger, this would make it even more interesting, wouldn't it?

QT



Pretty sure it's her married name QT. She was not a Bates.


What does 'pretty sure' mean? Any idea if or whom she had married, if at all? Tbx

QT
*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*
User avatar
Quicktrader
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:23 am
Location: Vienna, Austria (Europe)

Re: Leonard Bates

Postby Tahoe27 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:52 pm

Check your pm's. I don't want to share it here. ;)
Image

"...they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs--other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac's doorstep." L.A. Times, 1969
User avatar
Tahoe27
 
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:13 pm

Re: Leonard Bates

Postby Quicktrader » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:03 pm

Update:

Leonard Bates of Loma Linda can now be tied to Pacific Union College, the school Bryan Hartnell used to attend:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3208&p=50908#p50908

QT
*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*
User avatar
Quicktrader
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:23 am
Location: Vienna, Austria (Europe)

Next

Return to Zodiac Theories

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron