Possible reasons for zodiac's odd walking style

Re: Possible reasons for zodiac's odd walking style

Postby Tahoe27 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:40 pm

Graysmith has been caught making stuff up and I don't trust what he wrote in ZU. He sort of briefly threw One girls "version" out there--and to me, there is something fishy about that. He was trying SO hard to convince us of that damn shuffling-gaity lope matching Allen's and witnesses.

"...they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs--other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac's doorstep." L.A. Times, 1969
Tahoe27

Postby EndOfTheWorld » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:02 pm

(1) What about Kaczinski's brother stating that "Ted walked funny"? Did/does Ted K indeed walk funny? (2) If a guy has a chronic ankle injury the partial limp can come and go at random, sometimes within the same walk.
EndOfTheWorld

Postby Coffee Time » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:45 pm

The exact quote, from THE UNABOMBER AND THE ZODIAC: "Ted's left foot is noticeably pigeon toed which affects the way he walks." -- FBI Interview of David Kaczynski, February 21, 1996. I've never been able to find the actual interview.

However, there's plenty of news footage of Ted where he appears to get around just fine. He certainly wasn't hobbling around wherever he went. :?
Coffee Time

Postby Marshall » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:16 pm

Coffee Time wrote:The exact quote, from THE UNABOMBER AND THE ZODIAC: "Ted's left foot is noticeably pigeon toed which affects the way he walks." -- FBI Interview of David Kaczynski, February 21, 1996. I've never been able to find the actual interview.

However, there's plenty of news footage of Ted where he appears to get around just fine. He certainly wasn't hobbling around wherever he went. :?

How about the footprints at LB that supposedly indicated Z was rather heavy, due to the depths of the prints... did those prints indicate the suspect's left foot was pigeon-toed?
Marshall

Postby Coffee Time » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:59 am

Interesting question. I've only seen images of single prints. Also, I have no idea HOW pigeon toed Ted is supposed to be, Google "pigeon toe" and you'll see some scary examples.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Coffee Time

Postby Coffee Time » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:24 am

Ted's feet look relatively straight in this pic, IMO, but the image is fuzzy and one foot's obscured. IIRC there's a sharper copy here without the overlay, but I can't seem to locate it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Coffee Time

Postby vasa croe » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:06 pm

Coffee Time wrote:The exact quote, from THE UNABOMBER AND THE ZODIAC: "Ted's left foot is noticeably pigeon toed which affects the way he walks." -- FBI Interview of David Kaczynski, February 21, 1996. I've never been able to find the actual interview.

I think, if his brother actually did state those specific words, that he just did not understand what pigeon toed means. I think he may have meant TK had bad supination on his left foot. I have found a picture that would suggest this, but it would be easily correctable if thinking about it while walking or with the correct shoes.

As you can see, this is from his arrest at his cabin, and it appears his left foot distinctly supinates from the positioning of his foot and the angle of his leg. It could be that this is exaggerated by his foot being right on the edge of the step, but it still appears that he fairly heavily supinates in his left foot to me.
vasa croe

Postby EndOfTheWorld » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:13 pm

The key phrase by his little brother is "affects the way he walks". Foukes said he had shuffling lope or whatever. The guy Foukes saw walked funny. We assume the guy Foukes saw was the Z, although that is not an absolute certainty.
EndOfTheWorld

Postby EndOfTheWorld » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:32 pm

I can't see anything from that picture. The thing to do is talk to the many LE and prison personnel who have seen Kaczinski walk through the years and simply ask them if he actually walks funny. Or check his medical records. We can't do that, however.
EndOfTheWorld

Postby Coffee Time » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:29 pm

Coffee Time

PreviousNext

Return to Zodiac Theories