May 8, a connection to Zodiac?

Re: May 8, a connection to Zodiac?

Postby morf13 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:44 am

Just re-visitng this topic. May 8, was listening to the Graysmith Book today, and he claims that on May 8,1970, in Santa Rosa, there was the bomb threat in which the caller identified himself as Zodiac, and that exactly one year earlier on the same date, a bomb threat was called into Santa Rosa, and that the caller also identified himself as Zodiac. One of two things, Graysmith is wrong about this, or the caller in May 1969 DID call himself Zodiac. The issue-there was no Zodiac killer,at least on paper or in the press, in May 1969. This may be worth checking into
morf13
Site Admin

Postby morf13 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:14 pm

Not sure if this was posted yet, but here's details on the 1970 Bomb threat, have not found anything about 1969 yet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
morf13
Site Admin

Postby Quicktrader » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:27 am

That is a good one, imo..it shows us the connection we had speculated earlier about that Z might have left the Valleja area towards Santa Rosa..

QT
*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*
Quicktrader

Postby Druzer » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:37 pm

Hi there, I found a Santa Rosa bomb threat that hasn't been mentioned in this context. If Graysmith had his dates wrong perhaps October 20 or 21, 1969 this is the first bomb threat he was referencing. In an Avery article on Oct 21 1969 discussing security measures taken at schools they mention a school bus bomb threat that was called in to Santa Rosa police by someone hinting that they were Zodiac and in response they were checking buses for bombs. One reason I found it interesting is that the Zodiac hadn't written about bombs yet.

I have been under the impression that the first threat on school children was not publicly revealed until October 20, 1969 when Lee read the letter at a televised news conference, but I must be mistaken about that because three days earlier, on October 17 a Santa Rosa school bus driver went on the news describing what she believed was a shot fired at her bus. [Link to Video: https://diva.sfsu.edu/bundles/231074]

Does anyone know when the 'pick off the kiddies' portion of Zodiac's letter was mentioned in the media?
Druzer

Postby Druzer » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:56 pm

I just noticed that Keith Powers wrote of the threat on school children on Oct 17 in the Chronicle, the same day as the Santa Rosa bus driver's report.
Druzer

Postby morf13 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:01 am

Don't forget, two Zodiac POI's did have ties to Santa Rosa, Arthur Leigh Allen & Fred Manalli
morf13
Site Admin

Postby Soze » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:38 pm

In the news article it states that the bomb threat came in the Wednesday before. That would have been October 15th. On that day there was a nationwide protest about the U.S. involvement in Vietnam. There was a call to end all bombing. Probably nothing. Just interesting that the person making the call chose that day.

Soze
Soze

Postby Dag MacLugh » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:54 pm

As we know, Z was a stickler for exact dates when contacting individuals or newspapers re one of his murders. That is, he'd make contact exactly, say, six months after a murder.
Dag MacLugh

Postby Druzer » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:52 pm

Soze wrote:In the news article it states that the bomb threat came in the Wednesday before. That would have been October 15th. On that day there was a nationwide protest about the U.S. involvement in Vietnam. There was a call to end all bombing. Probably nothing. Just interesting that the person making the call chose that day.

Soze

Nice catch Soze! Is it certain that Oct 17th was first published report about the school bus portion of Zodiac's letter? If so this does suggest that someone in Santa Rosa was in the know.
Druzer

Postby Soze » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:32 am

I went looking for any mention of the zodiac bomb prior to the 17th. The only thing I found was a CBS evening news report on October 16th. The link is here... https://tvnews.vanderbilt.edu/broadcasts/200648 but I can't see the video so I don't know what's discussed. It may be possible that Seagull has found this video in the past. I tried looking to see what was going on on the date in question 15th but only found the bank of America building in sf being dedicated that day in addition to what I already mentioned about the bombing.

Soze
Soze

PreviousNext

Return to Zodiac Theories