Leonard Bates

Re: Leonard Bates

Postby Quicktrader » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:19 am

This is a diagram with multiple persons related (or not related) to the Zodiac case.

Except his own father, Leonard Bates is the only person I know of who MAY have had ties to at least two Z victims. He might have known Cecelia Shepard, as he had attended the same school (at least where her father had been a teacher) AND he had ties to the Pacific Union College, where his father had graduated (Bryan Hartnell went to Pacific Union). Milton L Bates had lived in Loma Linda, near Riverside, however later became a 'longtime resident of Stockton and Tracy'. Leonard therefore might not only have had contact to Cecelia in early years, but also to other victims in the area (assuming he had moved with his father, maybe even was a room- or classmate of Bryan Hartnell at Pacific Union).

Besides that, he carries the same last name as Cheri Jo Bates which, with regard to any potential Z connection between Cecelia Shepard and Cheri Jo Bates, could be more than accidential.

His father lived in Stockton, placing him only 10 miles away from Highway 132 (Kathleen Johns).
Pacific Union, the school where his father had graduated from, was only 8.3 miles from where Cecelia Shepard and Bryan Hartnell had been seen before the attack (St. Helen).
And finally he had lived only 13 miles away from where Cheri Jo Bates had been killed.

And he had known Cecelia Shepards dad as a teacher.

Placing a guy three times close to three different homicides/crimes (in a widespread 500+ miles area) PLUS proving a personal relationship to at least one of the victims' relatives would usually be enough to put someone on - you know what kind of - trial.

Please be aware: There might be additional persons, such as any son-in-law of Milton L Bates named Paul, who could have experienced similar connections. Nevertheless, Leonard was originally found due to his unique appearance (sketch similiarity) and was it only later that his ties to Cecelia's father, Stockton/Tracy/Angwin area had been figured out..final results can only be proven by DNA analysis, imo. :idea:

Connection.jpg

(click to see full diagram)

QT
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*
Quicktrader

Postby Quicktrader » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:26 pm

I slightly wonder why

- a guy from the Riverside area
- with the last name 'Bates'
- who attended the school where Cecelia Shepard's father had been a teacher (Loma Linda)
- whose father had ties to Pacific Union High School (Angwin/St. Helen, where Cecilia & Bryan Hartnell had been seen shortly before being attacked)
- who looks a 100% like the Z sketch

doesn't catch anybodies attention..

As far as I know he is the only person who can be connected with both, multiple crime areas and at least one victim. Additionally being a nice match to the Z sketch.

Wondering. :?: :?: :?:

Update:
The 'Criterion', the La Sierra / Loma Linda Academy's student paper was printed at the RIVERSIDE PRESS-ENTERPRISE (Leonard Bates is listed in one of its editions). So there even is a connection between Leonard Bates and the Riverside Press-Enterprise.
https://lasierra.edu/fileadmin/document ... 8-1969.pdf (page 9, lower second column)

QT
*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*
Quicktrader

Postby wesley_whit » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:05 pm

This guy is actually pretty interesting but i've been starring at that graph for about 25 minutes and all i have is a headache.
wesley_whit

Previous

Return to Zodiac Theories