Route Transposition and Phenomenon

Re: Route Transposition and Phenomenon

Postby smokie treats » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:33 am

Jarlve wrote:Hey smokie,

I have updated my AZdecrypt thread with an example of my latest project. In short, a more universal polyalphabetic solver. If you feel that you have some untranpositions of the 340 which could be correct but mainly hindered by polyalphabetism then you may share them and I will run them through the new solver. It is worth a shot.

Thanks a lot, Jarlve. I will download soon. I am still working on it part time, just not posting as much to avoid redundancy.
smokie treats

Postby Jarlve » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Okay smokie,

I haven't released it yet, there is just an example of what it can do.

Okay Mr lowe,

Might take a while before I get back with results.
Jarlve

Postby Jarlve » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:44 am

Mr lowe wrote:Using that update can you run a scytale 15, and 19 through it.

Mr lowe,

My skytale implementation only works with periods that do not have a common divisor with the length of the cipher. For instance, period 15 is divisible by 5 and so is 340. This means that without extra reading rule the transposition will run into itself at one point without having gone through the whole cipher. Another way to accommodate is to increase or decrease the cipher length to a number that does not share factors with 15. 338 or 341. But it is then the question what character is removed, or where a character is added, and that matters allot. I am looking to create a small database of maximum 100 variations of the 340 that could be considered as candidate untranspositions within the period 15/19 hypothesis.

Perhaps you could fashion together a period 15 skytale for the test? And if you have a couple of more things of your own that wouldn't hurt either. And please, anyone else, feel free to contribute.
Jarlve

Postby Mr lowe » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:34 am

will do jarlve.. got a busy week end coming up.
The more i thought about skytale after making them in a 340 format the less i liked it as it was very large and cumbersome. i think i got a bit over awed because it brought in a very simple means of alignment. Yes it does bring the 19s together nicely but so does rail fence. Maybe it was made (20 rows) or (17 columns) of INDIVIDUAL skytale lines.
A killer we sort stood there among the dead
Mr lowe

Postby Jarlve » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:48 am

Mr lowe wrote:Maybe it was made (20 rows) or (17 columns) of INDIVIDUAL skytale lines.

Yes, it is a possibilty, though not as many as 17 or 20 sections (multiple inscription rectangles) as that would thoroughly diffuse the period.
Jarlve

Previous

Return to Zodiac Cipher Mailings & Discussion