Thoughts on the RH initials on the desk

Re: Thoughts on the RH initials on the desk

Postby joku » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:39 pm

democracity wrote:Has anyone used a site such as Classmates.com to search for possible 'rh' matches? I did a quick search and found a couple 'rh' +/- a few years of 1966. Not sure how complete of a list this is, but it's a possible tool. Are there any other sources? Yearbooks, perhaps? -D

A little while ago I looked through the college yearbooks from 1963 to 1966 for anyone with the initials R.H. or H.R. In '66 book directory there is Harry Redifer, but no page provided on which he would appear. I have not eyed the whole book in case it's just a mistake and he's on some page and the lacking number is just an error. So he's sort of a mystery person. Here's all R.H.'s and H.R.'s from '66 book:

Hendrickson Rich
Hess Robert
Hoyle Robert A.
Redifer Harry
Rush Howard
Ruther Hans
Rutledge Harold
joku

Postby Dag MacLugh » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:48 pm

joku: As I understand it, the '67 yearbook, which would have included Bates, was not published. Ergo, an RH could have registered in the Fall of '66, and not been included in the '66 yearbook.
Dag MacLugh

Postby Richard Grinell » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:14 pm

joku wrote:
democracity wrote:Has anyone used a site such as Classmates.com to search for possible 'rh' matches? I did a quick search and found a couple 'rh' +/- a few years of 1966. Not sure how complete of a list this is, but it's a possible tool. Are there any other sources? Yearbooks, perhaps? -D

A little while ago I looked through the college yearbooks from 1963 to 1966 for anyone with the initials R.H. or H.R. In '66 book directory there is Harry Redifer, but no page provided on which he would appear. I have not eyed the whole book in case it's just a mistake and he's on some page and the lacking number is just an error. So he's sort of a mystery person. Here's all R.H.'s and H.R.'s from '66 book:

Hendrickson Rich
Hess Robert
Hoyle Robert A.
Redifer Harry
Rush Howard
Ruther Hans
Rutledge Harold

Somebody called Richard L Hendrickson was imprisoned at Old Montana State Prison (relevant, because of the perpetrator at Berryessa, claiming to be an escaped convict from Deer Lodge, Montana). This could forge a connection between the RH on the desktop, the 1966 Riverside yearbook, and Lake Berryessa, but for the fact this guy was in prison sometime between 1910-1955. Has this guy in the yearbook got a middle name.
Richard Grinell

Postby joku » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:54 pm

Richard Grinell wrote:
joku wrote:

Hendrickson Rich
Hess Robert
Hoyle Robert A.
Redifer Harry
Rush Howard
Ruther Hans
Rutledge Harold

Somebody called Richard L Hendrickson was imprisoned at Old Montana State Prison (relevant, because of the perpetrator at Berryessa, claiming to be an escaped convict from Deer Lodge, Montana). This could forge a connection between the RH on the desktop, the 1966 Riverside yearbook, and Lake Berryessa, but for the fact this guy was in prison sometime between 1910-1955. Has this guy in the yearbook got a middle name.

No, there's no middle name for him in the book. But there's a picture of him in the water polo team. Looks the same age as the other guys so probably born around 1945-47, would be too young to have been in prison.
joku

Previous

Return to Cheri Jo Bates Case Desktop Poem writing