Albany NY Medical Center letter/cipher August 1973

Albany NY Medical Center letter/cipher August 1973

Postby morf13 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:43 pm

This letter/cipher was postmarked in Albany,NY. It was a threat against a medical center.

In the de-classified FBI files regarding the Zodiac case, mention was made of a Zodiac letter that started off " YOU WERE WRONG". That letter was not released to the public. The page also pointed to an unknown Medical Center.I will post the FBI file page here shortly.

In the meantime, Zodiac researcher Tom V did a great job of obtaining the actual letter mentioned in the FBI report. It pointed to a Medical Center in Albany, NY.

morf13
Site Admin

Re: Albany NY Medical Center letter/cipher August 1973

Postby UKSpycatcher » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:54 am

Cannot find any murders on the said date, only Candy Man Dean Corll who murdered men and boys .Barbara Smith on December 27th 1973 from Hamilton Street, Albany came close, but a lack of available info available and isn't very likely.
A list here of unsolved Albany murders http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1957&dat=19900923&id=bnghAAAAIBAJ&sjid=3ogFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1012,5931964
But I suppose as you do, that this letter does not have the meticulous effort the Zodiac applied to his letters. In particular when he drafted his codes or ciphers they tended to show organisation on the horizontal plane, this correspondence looks like it was prepared haphazardly with very little thought applied to the code.
UKSpycatcher

Postby morf13 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:41 am

UKSpycatcher wrote:Cannot find any murders on the said date, only Candy Man Dean Corll who murdered men and boys .Barbara Smith on December 27th 1973 from Hamilton Street, Albany came close, but a lack of available info available and isn't very likely.
A list here of unsolved Albany murders http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1957&dat=19900923&id=bnghAAAAIBAJ&sjid=3ogFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1012,5931964
But I suppose as you do, that this letter does not have the meticulous effort the Zodiac applied to his letters. In particular when he drafted his codes or ciphers they tended to show organisation on the horizontal plane, this correspondence looks like it was prepared haphazardly with very little thought applied to the code.

The thing that interests me the most, is that the fact there is a letter at all that may be from Zodiac in Albany, and the fact that Darlene Ferrin, her ex husband, and Gaikowski all spent time there, not to mention 1969 murder victim Doreen Gaul had a letter found in her apartment room written by somebody claiming to be zodiac, and she lived within a stone's throw of the Albany Medical Ctr.
morf13
Site Admin

Postby morf13 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Daniel Gillotti wrote:This letter is very interesting; I spent a couple of hours working on it. UK, do you have a list of missing females from the time of threat. Killed doesn’t necessarily meant found and the medical center could be a diversion.

Hi Morf, whats the e.t.a. on the rest of this info…

Daniel

E.T.A.???
morf13
Site Admin

Postby Soze » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:46 pm

The overall "tone" of this letter reminds me of the May 1978 letter.

Soze
Soze

Postby smithy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:09 am

How was it determined the letter relates to a threat on Albany Medical Center, eh? ;)
smithy

Postby mike_r » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:06 am

Hi-

If Z wanted people to believe this was a letter from him, why is the handwriting so far off and the code so unlike anything Z ever did? Z NEVER made his symbol like it is written on front of the envelope. He used 11 o'clock circles and 1 o'clock circles, not the one we see on the envelope.

Mike.
mike_r

Postby UKSpycatcher » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:08 am

I will have a scour, only found the Albany list above so far.
UKSpycatcher

Postby morf13 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:39 am

Daniel Gillotti wrote:Acronym Definition
ETA Estimated Time of Arrival ;)
morf13 wrote:
Daniel Gillotti wrote:This letter is very interesting; I spent a couple of hours working on it. UK, do you have a list of missing females from the time of threat. Killed doesn’t necessarily meant found and the medical center could be a diversion.

Hi Morf, whats the e.t.a. on the rest of this info…

Daniel

E.T.A.???

LOL, I know what ETA means, but I meant, what did you want me to dig up? I wasn't aware I was getting more info
morf13
Site Admin

Postby UKSpycatcher » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:44 am

Sixteen year old Mitchel Weiser and his 15 year old girlfriend Bonita Bickwit set out to hitchhike to a concert in Watkins Glen, that had famous bands such as the Grateful Dead and Allman Brothers Band performing in it. The destination was about 75 miles from where Bonita had been working at a Jewish overnight camp called "Camp Wel-Met" in Narrowsburg. Weiser had come to visit from Brooklyn (where they both were from) and they left on July 23rd 1973. There last known sighting was when they were hitchhiking on route 97. They have not been seen since.
Bit weak, and disappearance 18 days prior to threat. Keep looking.
UKSpycatcher

Next

Return to Albany Medical Center Threat letter August 1973