EBEORIETEMETHPITI

Discussion of the confirmed Zodiac letters

Re: EBEORIETEMETHPITI

Postby jroberson » Mon May 04, 2015 9:12 am

glurk wrote:I have no POI in this case, and nothing to prove or refute, I just want to know the truth.
-glurk

Same here, but I imagine you and I are only a little more common with respect to this case as Stars and Stripes bedsheets are in Vladimir Putin's bedroom.

No offense, but it seems few people want the actual truth, and even fewer don't have someone in mind as the killer.
jroberson

Postby Paul_Averly » Mon May 04, 2015 11:44 am

glurk wrote:The final 18 symbols of the 408 are very likely filler, and it is not just a "guess." There is very strong - amazingly strong - statistical data showing this.

I (among others) started this idea, a thread of which is at ZKF. Unfortunately, the images and charts that I made have vanished. I will try to re-start that thread here, once I see if I still have the data. The original thread is here:

http://www.zodiackillerfacts.com/forum/ ... f=49&t=423

I will try to re-post this stuff here, when I have time. It's not just "a guess" though, that is fairly insulting, considering the time and research that went into this. I have no POI in this case, and nothing to prove or refute, I just want to know the truth. And in this case "filler" is what the math, the statistics, and the evidence suggest.

-glurk

I remember that, there is good evidence it is just filler.
Paul_Averly

Postby ZodiacRevisited » Mon May 04, 2015 6:52 pm

I was convinced the final 18 symbol instances were filler for a long time before I saw glurk's "column analysis" over on ZKF. But, when I saw that analysis, it removed all doubt from my mind. It was an excellent observation. BTW, there is a snapshot of it here:

http://web.archive.org/web/201102040011 ... f=49&t=423

Additionally, a careful inspection of the 408 suggests that the killer made a mistake when transitioning from the second third to the last third. In particular, he almost certainly left out a word. I believe the word was 'PEOPLE'. So, the likely scenario is that the Zodiac constructed the content of the 408 with the intention of having less than one line (17 symbol instances) of filler. Specifically, he expected to have 18 - 6 = 12 remaining symbol instances. But, he left out the word and ended up with 18.

These different pieces strongly suggest any anagram of 18 letters is just wrong.
ZodiacRevisited

Postby jroberson » Tue May 05, 2015 1:30 am

The Zodiac was hardly a consummate literary authority. The fact that he left out a word means...he left out a word.

In creating a similar three-part pen and paper cipher, I made an identical mistake. I actually forgot to encode a word from the plaintext to the ciphertext.

It happens, and then you have to start completely over because "Sharpie don't erase".

He wrote his plaintext correctly, but in transcoding from plaintext to ciphertext, elided the word "people".

In the end, he would have had six fewer filler letters.
jroberson

Postby Quicktrader » Wed May 13, 2015 8:44 am

Just ASSUMING that 'Meet with the probies' is a valid solution for EBEORIETEMETHPITI..such probation officers would, according to Z, be able to give his name. Now we do know about the Bloch's, the house where Z had disappeared after the Stine murder. Lot's of speculation, I know, but is there any way to find out WHO had been under probation in those years?

QT
*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*
Quicktrader

Previous

Return to Confirmed Zodiac Letters General Discussion