Gaikowski Background as a Zodiac Suspect

Discussion of Zodiac Suspect Richard Gaikowski

Re: Gaikowski Background as a Zodiac Suspect

Postby drew » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:43 pm

Zresearch, this might be the TV program you are referencing -- if you go to the 11:46 mark on the video (see link), you can see the letters from Gaikowski being discussed. The letter they do the actual DNA testing on has an Albany postmark of May 21, 1969 on it. I was able to make out the words, "from Europe two months ago." I don't think this is really proof of anything, however. Richard would have spent most of January, 1969, putting together his article on Ireland, which leaves us with an alleged letter from England in February, 1969 and another from Paris in March, 1969.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG2M3NOyCB4&t=783s
Last edited by drew on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drew
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:59 pm

Re: Gaikowski Background as a Zodiac Suspect

Postby Druzer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:54 pm

It is definitely compelling Tom and I love the gyke ause key!
Do you have any idea when in March 71 he was admitted or
whether he would have been able to write Z letters while he
was in there? Obviously I'm thinking of the LA letter on 13th
and the Pines on the 22nd.
Druzer
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:54 am

Re: Gaikowski Background as a Zodiac Suspect

Postby TomVoigt » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:54 pm

Druzer wrote:It is definitely compelling Tom and I love the gyke ause key!
Do you have any idea when in March 71 he was admitted or
whether he would have been able to write Z letters while he
was in there?


We'll likely never know for sure unless he's proven to be the Zodiac. However, since he would have only been held for a maximum of 72 hours, the odds are he was not confined on the day in question.
TomVoigt
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:23 pm

Re: Gaikowski Background as a Zodiac Suspect

Postby Druzer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:09 pm

Well that is interesting. At first I thought RG being sent away would make it less likely that he could have sent those letters but now it actually sounds more like this temporary episode could have been a motivation to write.

I keep hounding people for any information about the 86 letter with zero luck. Do you know where Gyke lived late April early May of 1986? If he was anywhere near Sacramento at that time I would be very interested. Of course I don't think the killer or hoaxer who wrote that letter actually lived in Sacramento but I doubt he was too far away. I suppose the question is a bit of a non-starter though if we don't have an envelope to see where the 86 was sent from or even which paper it was sent to. Please let me know if any of these details are out there.

Thanks for your thoughts Tom. I'm finally starting to see what the Gaikowski fuss is all about.
Druzer
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:54 am

Re: Gaikowski Background as a Zodiac Suspect

Postby TomVoigt » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:29 pm

To those who can't place enough emphasis on a widows peak, or what color hair someone had, consider this: In October 1969 there was a store a couple of blocks from where Zodiac accessed Stine's cab, and it sold short-haired wigs of many styles. This ad was in an October 1969 issue of the Good Times:

crewcutwig.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TomVoigt
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:23 pm

Re: Gaikowski Background as a Zodiac Suspect

Postby Zresearch » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:05 am

drew wrote:Zresearch, this might be the TV program you are referencing -- if you go to the 11:46 mark on the video (see link), you can see the letters from Gaikowski being discussed. The letter they do the actual DNA testing on has an Albany postmark of May 21, 1969 on it. I was able to make out the words, "from Europe two months ago." I don't think this is really proof of anything, however. Richard would have spent most of January, 1969, putting together his article on Ireland, which leaves us with an alleged letter from England in February, 1969 and another from Paris in March, 1969.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG2M3NOyCB4&t=783s



Yup, I think that was it, I could not get the link to work, but if it was MYSTERYQUEST I am sure it was the same program.

I was speaking about a History Channel program called "MYSTERYQUEST", in the program an acquaintance of "gyke" has a letter from albany, new york, written by "gyke", this letter places "gyke" in new york on the date of the lake herman road homicide, supposedly clearing him of being zodiac.

I also found an online excerpt detailing this program and the letter from the acquaintance:
During the recent broadcast of the new History Channel program MYSTERYQUEST, a friend of Gaikowski’s mentioned a letter he had received from the suspect at the time that the Zodiac murders began. According to the friend, this letter indicates that Gaikowski was in Albany, New York, and not in California at the time in question.

http://www.zodiackillerfacts.com/Richar ... 0Story.htm


I'm not sure what to make of it.

Thanks though.
User avatar
Zresearch
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:50 am

Re: Gaikowski Background as a Zodiac Suspect

Postby TomVoigt » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:02 pm

Zresearch wrote:I was speaking about a History Channel program called "MYSTERYQUEST", in the program an acquaintance of "gyke" has a letter from albany, new york, written by "gyke", this letter places "gyke" in new york on the date of the lake herman road homicide, supposedly clearing him of being zodiac.


Loomis listed for me all correspondences and dates. None cleared Gaikowski. There is no proof of where he was on the Zodiac dates, same as with all of the other suspects. Why this persists I have no idea.
TomVoigt
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:23 pm

Re: Gaikowski Background as a Zodiac Suspect

Postby Pettibon Junction » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:51 am

TomVoigt wrote:To those who can't place enough emphasis on a widows peak, or what color hair someone had, consider this: In October 1969 there was a store a couple of blocks from where Zodiac accessed Stine's cab, and it sold short-haired wigs of many styles. This ad was in an October 1969 issue of the Good Times:

crewcutwig.gif


Once you start bringing in the crewcut wigs, you're firmly in Graysmith territory. These are the kinds of illogical leaps that desperate people make to prop up bad suspects.
"There are such devils."
-The Pledge
User avatar
Pettibon Junction
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: Gaikowski Background as a Zodiac Suspect

Postby TomVoigt » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:29 am

Pettibon Junction wrote:
TomVoigt wrote:To those who can't place enough emphasis on a widows peak, or what color hair someone had, consider this: In October 1969 there was a store a couple of blocks from where Zodiac accessed Stine's cab, and it sold short-haired wigs of many styles. This ad was in an October 1969 issue of the Good Times:

crewcutwig.gif


Once you start bringing in the crewcut wigs, you're firmly in Graysmith territory. These are the kinds of illogical leaps that desperate people make to prop up bad suspects.


Gaikowski was known to sport a crew cut. Nonetheless such a store existed a couple of blocks from where Zodiac encountered Stine and the fact you want to diminish the possibility of Zodiac using such a disguise tells me all I need to know about your mental prowess.
TomVoigt
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:23 pm

Re: Gaikowski Background as a Zodiac Suspect

Postby Druzer » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:50 am

I doubt Zodiac wore a disguise more elaborate than a specific set of cloths in Pacific Heights, but considering his evident resourcefulness and the fact that we don't know whether Stine's glasses were recovered, it's absurd to discount the possibility that he was telling the truth.
Druzer
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:54 am

PreviousNext

Return to Richard Gaikowski "GYKE" or "GAIK"

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron