Deer Lodge prison

Discussion of Zodiac Victims Shepard & Hartnell

Re: Deer Lodge prison

Postby PinkPhantom » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:41 pm

I think it is interesting that a DMV in Deer Lodge MT was searched to find a personalized license plate connected to a POI in the ATL child killings.

https://books.google.com/books?id=xR-ZO ... ho&f=false

Detectives searched the DMV at Deer Lodge Montana during the Atlanta Child Murders. They were looking for record of a personalized license plate. They found the plate was in use and registered sometime around 1978-1979 in Deer Lodge. The plate was surrendered in North Carolina in 1980 (or 1988 I can't tell bc the report is scratched).

A search of Boise, Idaho's DMV for the same personalized plate was launched. Nothing found in regard to the POI using that personalized plate there. The POI ended up on Oregon I believe. Also makes me think of Rodney Halbower.

Kind of makes you wonder what the personalized plate said, don't it?

Makes me think of Edward Wayne Edwards, too. He was incarcerated at Deer Lodge for some time and also ended up in Oregon as well.
PinkPhantom

Re: Deer Lodge prison

Postby DoctorS » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:11 pm

If Zodiac worked at a newspaper, he would be aware of the AP wire story about the prison escape. Great cover to tell the kids at LB in the event it had made the news in CA. We have to view things within the context of the times. My guess is it at least made the paper, if only a scant mention.

And prison escapes are not that common. And when there are escapes, it makes national news. There's a big difference between walking off from work release at a local jail and a prison break from a state facility.
DoctorS

Previous

Return to Cecelia Shepard & Bryan Hartnell 9/27/69