Tuolumne & Springs Phone Call

Discussion of Zodiac Victims Ferrin & Mageau

Re: Tuolumne & Springs Phone Call

Postby bensmurfy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:05 pm

I thought there was a third-party confirmation of this shabbily dressed negro coming forward. No?
bensmurfy

Postby Quicktrader » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:35 pm

bensmurfy wrote:I thought there was a third-party confirmation of this shabbily dressed negro coming forward. No?

Think he even came up by himself..somewhere from the police report, if I do remember correctly.

QT
*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*
Quicktrader

Postby bensmurfy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:01 pm

Ok, so assuming this witness exists, Z didn't walk to the phone booth, he drove. This implies that he didn't live super close. If this is the case, then for me it makes the time gap even more intriguing. Z using the time to go home, and then walking over to make the call, would be a very plausible reason for the gap of time. I would think that if he did indeed go home following the attack, and lived close enough to the phone booth to walk there, he would choose to walk not drive. Obviously this is built on assumptions, but food for thought.
bensmurfy

Postby Bayarea60s » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:19 am

Bens....

Since we don't know where Z went during his 40 minute break, we can't really say it even implies he didn't live close by. He just might not have gone home first. It for sure is a mystery to all of us, he could have gone anywhere within 20 minutes of the phone booth and then driven to the booth to make his call. Just no tellin what he did in that timeframe.....
Bayarea60s

Postby MrNemo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:26 am

Norse wrote:
UKSpycatcher wrote: The reason this black male doesn't appear in any of the police reports is totally logical from a witness protection standpoint, fearing possibly the Zodiac may return to the area for retribution.

I'm not sure this makes sense given that we're talking about internal reports. He doesn't appear in any of those - unless there are parts we haven't seen.

At 12:47 AM Mrs Johnson PT&T operator called. The above call was traced to a coin operated telephone at Joe's Union, Tuolumne and Springs Road. The call was traced by Betty MAIN whose supervisor would not allow her to make a statement at this time...

Let's say you're right: It would've been technically impossible for them to actually trace the call. And the reason why they knew precisely where he had called from, is that there was a witness (the shabbly dressed negro) who overheard him. I can buy that, as such, not least if it can be demonstrated that it was technically impossible to trace the call.

But I don't see any logical reason why they would think it necessary to include the above (fictional, blatantly untrue) detail in an internal report.

And I find it difficult to believe that we wouldn't have had a somewhat definite description of the car our UNSUB was driving released to the public along with ,quite possibly, another sketch. Guess the phone rang and later on he assumed a BM that was nearby had reported it and that that was how they found the location of the phone
MrNemo

Postby Zresearch » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:02 am

Bayarea60s wrote:Bens....

Since we don't know where Z went during his 40 minute break, we can't really say it even implies he didn't live close by. He just might not have gone home first. It for sure is a mystery to all of us, he could have gone anywhere within 20 minutes of the phone booth and then driven to the booth to make his call. Just no tellin what he did in that timeframe.....

I have a theory on the 40 minute break, but it has not been well accepted thus far...

Ok, there was a man on the scene, before during and after the shooting, he is a police officer named richard Hoffman. Not only was Hoffman in the area, but he had a similar vehicle to the shooters (his unmarked police car), he had a 9mm, he had a flashlight, and he fits Mike's description of the shooter.

So let's go out on a limb and ask "what if Hoffman could have done this?" And "how would events play out with Hoffman as the shooter?"

Before the shooting Hoffman is in the area, and he reports the area clear, (even though by all means he should have seen Mike and Darlene and the shooter enter the area) then the shooting occurs, and it takes Hoffman two minutes to reach the scene after responding by radio. So we can conclude that Hoffman is never more than a few minutes from the scene.

So, theoretically, Hoffman could have been the shooter, driving away after the shooting, then returning to the scene as an officer and not a killer.( He may or may not have had some words with Mike before ed rust and others showed up, who knows) Then Hoffman rides in the ambulance with Mike and Darlene to Kaiser hospital in vallejo, this explains that 40 minute gap.

the call from the payphone at the intersection of Springs Road and Tuolumne was logged at 12.47am. The journey time from Blue Rock Springs parking lot to the payphone is 10 minutes, but there is a shortfall of 40 minutes after the double shooting. http://www.zodiacciphers.com/zodiac-new ... d-tuolumne

Getting Mike and Darlene into the ambulance, then the ambulance ride accounts for this gap in time...

Officer Hoffman rode in the ambulance with Mike and Darlene to Kaiser hospital in vallejo. Darlene was pronounced dead on arrival at Kaiser and Mike went immediately into surgery, giving Hoffman a free moment to make the call and return to the hospital. This places Hoffman in the area of the phone with the information that Darlene had died.

Darlene was pronounced dead at Kaiser hospital at approximately 12:38 a.m. , we do not have the exact time, only an approximation, which can make things difficult, but stay with me on this, so Hoffman leaves Kaiser near 12:38am and then takes Broadway st. south To Florida st., Hoffman then travels east on Florida st. To toulumne st. Then north on toulumne st. to springs rd. Reaching the pay phone at the gas station where he places the call at between 12:40am and 12:47am depending on which account of the sequence of events you are using

...hoffman could have made this trip from the hospital to the payphone in under 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Hoffman was detailed to wait at the hospital, but with Darlene dead and Mike n the operating room, he could have reasonable taken a "break", telling the hospital staff that he was going to grab a coffee or a pack of smokes, or whatever, and it would not have looked suspicious.

This theory has seemingly offended others, and I know that any time you are looking into a police officer for a homicide it's bound to stir up certain emotions in some, I just want others to know I am looking into this theory with the utmost respect, and that I am not just throwing around frivolous accusations, but feel this theory may actually have some substance to it.
Zresearch

Postby CuriousCat » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:01 pm

Zresearch wrote:
This theory has seemingly offended others,

What's offensive is you stating things with no basis in fact and other things that are just wrong. I have addressed all of this here in this post...

viewtopic.php?p=59799#p59799

but you continue to ignore it and refuse answer to your mistakes about this.
CuriousCat

Postby joku » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:36 pm

If Richard Hoffman were the Zodiac, it would be pretty certain that his presence at the scene would have made Mageau freak out and it would have been noted at some point. But it has never come up during these years that Mageau would have anything to fear when it comes to Hoffman.
joku

Postby Dag MacLugh » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:38 pm

Richard Hoffman=RH. Ring a bell? Any connection between Hoffman and the Riverside area?
Dag MacLugh

Postby Zresearch » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:36 am

joku wrote:If Richard Hoffman were the Zodiac, it would be pretty certain that his presence at the scene would have made Mageau freak out and it would have been noted at some point. But it has never come up during these years that Mageau would have anything to fear when it comes to Hoffman.

I don't think Hoffman was zodiac, but I do think that Hoffman potentially could have been the shooter at blue rock springs, I know it's a long shot, but I have yet to conclusively rule him out.

I have also connected Hoffman to riverside, but since I do not know officer Hoffman's middle name I can not be sure that I have the right guy.

Have you guys seen pictures of officer Hoffman from 1968 - 1972? Tell me he is not a dead ringer for the sketch! (The lake berryessa sketch, the lesser known one, also, looks identical to Hoffman)

(Curiouscat, I have addressed all of your "evidence" which is supposed to clear Hoffman in like three other threads, for the sake of the readers, lets not repeat the whole debate here)
Zresearch

PreviousNext

Return to Darlene Ferrin & Mike Mageau 7/4/69