Zodiac, Lipstick Killer, Black Dahlia, JTR....

General Discussion of the case history and details.

Zodiac, Lipstick Killer, Black Dahlia, JTR....

Postby Tahoe27 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:13 am

It was brought up in another thread by Wier about some of the similarities between letters, murders, etc. I thought we might start a new topic dedicated to some of these similarities.

The Lipstick Killer....dismembered little Suzanne Degnan and places pieces of her body all over town. This was said about her killer":

"either a man who worked in a profession that required the study of anatomy or one with a background in dissection...not even the average doctor could be as skillful, it had to be a meat cutter." Brodie concurred adding that it was a "very clean job with absolutely no signs of hacking."

Black Dahlia:...cut in half. The same thing was said about her killer. "Must have been a doctor, etc".

Her body was found near "Degnan" on South Norton inbetween Coliseum and W 39th:

Cheri Jo Bates - The Confession Letter:... "but I shall cut off her female parts and deposit them for the whole city to see"
(A Degnan/Lipstick Killer refererce?)

.."I am stalking YOUR girls now". (emphasis mine) The Lipstick Killer...all girls.

If anything, I'd say there is a good chance the Lipstick Killer was also the killer of the Black Dahlia.

Suzanne Degnan was discovered to be missing Jan. of 1946. Elizabeth Short was found January 15, 1947. I sure hope they looked for suspects who may have moved to Southern California.
"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple." Dr. Suess
Tahoe27

Re: Zodiac, Lipstick Killer, Black Dahlia, JTR....

Postby smithy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:43 am

Well yes. Multiple murderers can only do a certain number of things, I suppose. Kill in certain ways, write certain things, etcetera etcetera, but as has been mentioned before, you might think Zodiac was a tiny bit derivative on occasion. I'm happy to add:

Jack the Ripper wrote some wonderful letters (or somebody else did - it doesn't really matter.)
He also wrote the "Goulston Street graffito."
Echo'd by the Berryessa door, perhaps?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goulston_Street_graffito

The kidnapping case of the Lindbergh baby had letters arriving with a hole-punched theme with connecting circle - a sign so the kidnappers letters could be recognised. They look pretty "Zodiacal".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindbergh_kidnapping
smithy

Postby ace ventura » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:58 pm

Smithy A lot of people believe that Mr. Lindbergh had the baby killed .....or is that silly
ace ventura

Postby Victor » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:42 pm

A few years ago on Mr. Voigt's ZK board, there was a mention of an old pre-The Zodiac case including a photo a body found (near a dock, I think) and a letter with the Zodiac symbol. I tried looking for it but was not successful. Does that ring a bell with anyone?

Kindly
"Jerry, just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it." George Costanza from Seinfeld
Victor

Postby Wier » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:50 pm

Think that was a guy named Bob Lord (or something close). I think he was found with a note in his pocket stating "he knew too much" and the crosshairs/Z symbol beneath.
Wier

Postby doranchak » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:09 pm

Wier wrote:Think that was a guy named Bob Lord (or something close). I think he was found with a note in his pocket stating "he knew too much" and the crosshairs/Z symbol beneath.

It was "Bud" Lord: http://zodiackiller.fr.yuku.com/topic/6158
doranchak

Postby Victor » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:07 pm

doranchak wrote:
Wier wrote:Think that was a guy named Bob Lord (or something close). I think he was found with a note in his pocket stating "he knew too much" and the crosshairs/Z symbol beneath.

It was "Bud" Lord: http://zodiackiller.fr.yuku.com/topic/6158

Thank you!
"Jerry, just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it." George Costanza from Seinfeld
Victor

Postby duckking2001 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:35 pm

Of course they are similar, they were all committed by George Hodel.

Lipstick killer:

and of course Z: "Please Help me, I cannot remain in control for much longer."
duckking2001

Postby smithy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:18 am

ace ventura wrote:Smithy A lot of people believe that Mr. Lindbergh had the baby killed .....or is that silly

Ace, there are lots of theories surrounding the case, still, aren't there. Personally I would think anything that implicates Charles Lindbergh would be a bit silly, yes, but hey - lots of people believe things I don't. ;)

Ducky - yes, George Hodel got around a bit, Steve says. :roll:
smithy

Return to Zodiac Case General Discussion