The Lipstick Killer & Black Dahlia...Confession Letter

General Discussion of the case history and details.

Postby Tahoe27 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:13 am

It was brought up in another thread by Wier about some of the similarities between letters, murders, etc. I thought we might start a new topic dedicated to some of these similarities.

The Lipstick Killer....dismembered little Suzanne Degnan and "deposited" (the term used many times) her body parts all over town. This was said about her killer:

"either a man who worked in a profession that required the study of anatomy or one with a background in dissection...not even the average doctor could be as skillful, it had to be a meat cutter." Brodie concurred adding that it was a "very clean job with absolutely no signs of hacking."

Black Dahlia:...cut in half. The same thing was said about her killer.

Her body was found near "Degnan" on South Norton in between Coliseum and W 39th:

Cheri Jo Bates - The Confession Letter:... "but I shall cut off her female parts and deposit them for the whole city to see"
(A Degnan/Lipstick Killer refererce?)

.."I am stalking YOUR girls now". (emphasis mine) The Lipstick Killer...all girls.

If anything, I'd say there is a good chance the Lipstick Killer was also the killer of the Black Dahlia...not that I am the first to consider this.

Suzanne Degnan was discovered to be missing Jan. of 1946. Elizabeth Short was found January 15, 1947. I sure hope they looked for suspects who may have moved to Southern California!
"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple." Dr. Suess
Tahoe27

Postby smithy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:43 am

Well yes. Multiple murderers can only do a certain number of things, I suppose. Kill in certain ways, write certain things, etcetera etcetera, but as has been mentioned before, you might think Zodiac was a tiny bit derivative on occasion. I'm happy to add:

Jack the Ripper wrote some wonderful letters (or somebody else did - it doesn't really matter.)
He also wrote the "Goulston Street graffito."
Echo'd by the Berryessa door, perhaps?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goulston_Street_graffito

The kidnapping case of the Lindbergh baby had letters arriving with a hole-punched theme with connecting circle - a sign so the kidnappers letters could be recognised. They look pretty "Zodiacal".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindbergh_kidnapping
smithy

Postby ace ventura » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:58 pm

Smithy A lot of people believe that Mr. Lindbergh had the baby killed .....or is that silly
ace ventura

Postby Victor » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:42 pm

A few years ago on Mr. Voigt's ZK board, there was a mention of an old pre-The Zodiac case including a photo a body found (near a dock, I think) and a letter with the Zodiac symbol. I tried looking for it but was not successful. Does that ring a bell with anyone?

Kindly
"Jerry, just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it." George Costanza from Seinfeld
Victor

Postby Wier » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:50 pm

Think that was a guy named Bob Lord (or something close). I think he was found with a note in his pocket stating "he knew too much" and the crosshairs/Z symbol beneath.
Wier

Postby doranchak » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:09 pm

Wier wrote:Think that was a guy named Bob Lord (or something close). I think he was found with a note in his pocket stating "he knew too much" and the crosshairs/Z symbol beneath.

It was "Bud" Lord: http://zodiackiller.fr.yuku.com/topic/6158
doranchak

Postby Victor » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:07 pm

doranchak wrote:
Wier wrote:Think that was a guy named Bob Lord (or something close). I think he was found with a note in his pocket stating "he knew too much" and the crosshairs/Z symbol beneath.

It was "Bud" Lord: http://zodiackiller.fr.yuku.com/topic/6158

Thank you!
"Jerry, just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it." George Costanza from Seinfeld
Victor

Postby duckking2001 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:35 pm

Of course they are similar, they were all committed by George Hodel.

Lipstick killer:

and of course Z: "Please Help me, I cannot remain in control for much longer."
duckking2001

Postby smithy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:18 am

ace ventura wrote:Smithy A lot of people believe that Mr. Lindbergh had the baby killed .....or is that silly

Ace, there are lots of theories surrounding the case, still, aren't there. Personally I would think anything that implicates Charles Lindbergh would be a bit silly, yes, but hey - lots of people believe things I don't. ;)

Ducky - yes, George Hodel got around a bit, Steve says. :roll:
smithy

Re: The Lipstick Killer & Black Dahlia...Confession Letter

Postby Tahoe27 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:11 pm

Is it true there was a Timex watch found in the field next to where Elizabeth Short's body was found?
"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple." Dr. Suess
Tahoe27

Next

Return to Zodiac Case General Discussion