Tonight July 17, 2013 in San Francisco

NEWS WIRE- News Wire will be a spot for fresh news, hot off the press, and anyone here that is a member will be able to post news here

Tonight July 17, 2013 in San Francisco

Postby Seagull » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:22 pm

Sorry this is such short notice but just learned of it.

"Killer in the Fog: Tracking the Zodiac Murders in San Francisco

Join FlipSide at the historic Old Mint for a special viewing of the 2007 film “Zodiac” plus exclusive talks on this still unsolved case. The Zodiac killer terrorized the Bay Area in the late 60’s and early 70’s prompting a manhunt that went decades. Representatives from both the San Francisco Chronicle and San Francisco Police Department will provide keen insight and anecdotes from their years of chasing the killer. Then enjoy a special screening of David Fincher’s brilliant screen adaption of “Zodiac” in the Old Mint viewing room.

Evening Info

•Presentations by lead San Francisco Chronicle Reporter Kevin Fagan and current lead detective from San Francisco Police Department

•Special screening of the 2007 film “Zodiac”
•Beer available from Peak Brewing Company

•One beer included with admission
•"SF In The Era of the Zodiac" historical memorabilia display provided by the Guardians of the City
•Food available by Big Chef Tom's Belly Burgers

Evening Schedule

•5:30pm Doors open
•6:30pm Talks begin in the Old Mint viewing room
•7:15pm Break
•7:30pm “Zodiac” feature film (running time: 162 minutes)"

http://zodiacflipside.eventbrite.com/
Seagull

Re: Tonight July 17, 2013 in San Francisco

Postby morf13 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Very cool Seagull...you going? Wish I was out there. Let me know who the 'current lead detective' is. I heard they were going to shake up the Zodiac case in SFPD,which I feel is long overdo.
morf13
Site Admin

Postby ace ventura » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:57 pm

Very kewl.... wish I was out there I would go for sure and drive my 1970 roadster. I hope someone does to tell us about it.
I bet it is packed . Keep your eye out for a old stocky,short guy with a crew cut and glasses and a limp.
Last edited by ace ventura on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ace ventura

Postby Seagull » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:03 pm

morf13 wrote:Very cool Seagull...you going? Wish I was out there. Let me know who the 'current lead detective' is. I heard they were going to shake up the Zodiac case in SFPD,which I feel is long overdo.

I live too far from SF. Even if I had gone the second I read the announcement I probably wouldn't have gotten there in time. If the scuttlebutt I hear is correct, someone from this board is going and will give us a report. Don't have it from the horses mouth though.
Seagull

Postby Tahoe27 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:46 pm

"Killer in the fog".... :) For the creepy/SF factor no doubt...as it was never foggy.

Might be an interesting evening!

"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple" - Dr. Suess
Tahoe27

Postby morf13 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:13 pm

Tahoe27 wrote:"Killer in the fog".... :) For the creepy/SF factor no doubt...as it was never foggy.

Might be an interesting evening!

Okay, which one of you dedicated Zodiac researchers are going to hide themselves in a box and wait for Z to drop a letter in the box with you?? :P
morf13
Site Admin

Postby onewhoknows » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:37 pm

Damn! I missed it. I thought SFPD closed this case. It's awesome that SFPD is showing attention to the case.
There's always a chance the real Zodiac will show up...
onewhoknows

Postby mike_r » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:49 am

Hi-

Was this a well-kept secret or something? Was it publicized? I didn't notice discussion of this event until yesterday. Maybe it was for non-Zodiac researcher only? ;) Is it even on Tom's site? Strange that an event like this flew under the radar.

Mike
mike_r

Postby SpookyPanda » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:32 am

Oh, and I just left San Fran. Won't be able to make it. :? Got a one way ticket, on a slow boat to China.
Then again, it could be a passport to Hell.:twisted:
Do you think GraySmith will be there? After all, he did write the book,that kept the story going, that maked the movie.
I would think that GraySmith would speak at this well-kept secret. :?
SpookyPanda

Postby Zamantha » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:56 pm

Heard about it semi late myself, otherwise I would of posted about it. I did not go but I'm green with envy for those that did. Hopefully they will post a report soon for all to know what happened. Sounds like it was a wonderful event. And it helps bring the Z case to the limelight which we all want.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If Zodiac ever joined a Z forum, I'm sure he would have been banned for not following forum rules. Zam's/Quote
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zamantha

Next

Return to News Wire