Zodiac DNA being worked on by SFPD & VALLEJO PD

NEWS WIRE- News Wire will be a spot for fresh news, hot off the press, and anyone here that is a member will be able to post news here

Re: Zodiac DNA being worked on by SFPD & VALLEJO PD

Postby Kirkham68 » Sat May 06, 2017 12:11 pm

Seagull wrote:When I went on the last Zodiackiller outing that Tom V had we had an opportunity to speak with Vince Repetto (sp?) a retired SFPD detective that worked the Zodiac case. I specifically asked him about that ad and he was unaware of it having been in the SF Chronicle. I thought that was odd.

Graysmith was the one who brought it to our attention in one of his books and I went to the microfilms of the Chronicle and found it. The first person that came to my mind as to who RA could have been was Ron Allen, ALA's brother. I've wondered if Graysmith himself may have placed the ad, trying to lure his favorite suspect ALA. He would certainly have the means to get the ad placed on a moments notice and he may have even known about Manalli's death the previous day.

Was Graysmith aware of Allen in 76 ?
Kirkham68

Postby Seagull » Sat May 06, 2017 12:26 pm

If it's the same Richard Anderson that I'm thinking of, he was a suspect in the SRHM but shot and killed himself before enough evidence could be gathered to charge him. He is mentioned in the March 1989 article about the SRHM, along with Manalli although neither are actually named.

In particular read the last column of the article.

Press Democrat 3-5-89 SRHM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Seagull

Postby Tahoe27 » Sat May 06, 2017 12:39 pm

Seems like DNA would be a (somewhat) easy answer with that case..today.

"...they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs--other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac's doorstep." L.A. Times, 1969
Tahoe27

Postby Hurdy-gurdy Man » Sat May 06, 2017 7:08 pm

is there a place for bulk information on Richard Anderson? I did a search but he just seems to be a side reference to Manalli. I got his middle name was dale and died due to self inflicted shot gun blast. I was wondering if he was caucasian with an afro style hair cut with a penchant for hanging out with weird writers that like to commit lewd and lascivious acts on young women?
Hurdy-gurdy Man

Postby Seagull » Sat May 06, 2017 7:18 pm

I have his death certificate. He was white but the afro and a penchant for hanging out with weird writers etc. is not covered in the document! However it does say he was a laborer with S&H Construction Company.
Seagull

Postby Hurdy-gurdy Man » Sat May 06, 2017 7:48 pm

Hi seagull,

Thank you for the info on the death certificate, sorry I know its a stupid question but they never did id afro style did they(it would be solved duh!)? are there pictures of manalli later in life? after he seemed to let himself go? manalli looks like he had tight curly short hair but if he let it go and grew it out I bet it could get a pretty good afro.

One of my line of questioning is to theorize team zodiac and you can do that by tying SRHM to zodiac because I know of the eye witness account of Lori Lee Kursa's abduction that states that they saw two men putting her into a white van driven by a Caucasian male with an afro style haircut. Plus Wendy Allen's soy sauce / K symbol on zodiac exorcist letter and the classified add. This is the only way I can see team zodiac if it's tied to SRHM because the persona of zodiac is a lone predatory animal, selfish and wanting to possess. I'm collecting slaves for my afterlife and I wont tell you my identity because you would try to stop me doesn't really sound like a great team player.
Hurdy-gurdy Man

Postby Seagull » Sat May 06, 2017 8:59 pm

We were not able to find any pictures of Manalli that were taken in the 70s. He does look as if he would have been able to grow an afro though. One thing that seemed pretty constant in Manalli's letters is that he was always poor. He never had enough money for things he wanted. When I spoke with his sister she told me that her parents gave Manalli money from time to time.

Remember that the soy sauce barrel that was pictured in the newspaper was one like the barrel that Wendy was carrying there is no guarantee that the writing on her barrel was the same as what was in the newspaper.
Seagull

Postby Hurdy-gurdy Man » Sat May 06, 2017 9:16 pm

oh so the barrel could just be Graysmith Graysmithing, figures. oh btw this is from a long time ago and you probably don't even remember the post but you were wondering where people got the idea for the drawings of wendy allen being found inside manalli's vehicle during the car crash. It's page 242 of zodiac unmasked, graysmith makes it sound like when they are going through the wreck they found the drawings. I was googling for Richard Anderson today and someone had posted page 242 of zodiac unmasked and it just clicked in my head when I read it.

LOL it was you that posted page 242, you already knew this so never mind. I'm just going to turn around and whistle off another direction. last question and i'll stop harassing you. Afro style only appears in Kursa's abduction and not witnessed in any of the others?

Last thought manalli is only suspected in Wendy Allen and Wendy doesn't really tie in with the younger girls?
Hurdy-gurdy Man

Postby YourSecretPal » Sun May 07, 2017 11:32 pm

On the DNA Testing:
It's not my my suspect/information they are testing for, though I was hoping. This must've been in the works for awhile.
However, I do know LE did finally read my information last month and knows my suspect and theories now.
(And at least don't seem to think I'm totally crazy)
YourSecretPal

Postby morf13 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:51 am

from what I know, the DNA testing being done behind the scenes is not specific to any suspect. (Although,efforts still under way to clear suspects using DNA)
morf13
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News Wire