5 Part History Channel Series on Zodiac out 11/14

NEWS WIRE- News Wire will be a spot for fresh news, hot off the press, and anyone here that is a member will be able to post news here

Re: 5 Part History Channel Series on Zodiac out 11/14

Postby Boo! » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:41 am

Looks like they have forced something in the top half of the z340 so it also spells out a name on the bottom line. As we already know you can make the top few lines say pretty much anything due to the many unique symbols. Meh.

Also the digging was dumb. They claim 3 dogs alert to the area and then state it's now an official crime scene. Then proceed to dig up a tiny portion and call it a day. This wouldn't happen if they really thought a body could be there, they would bring in the diggers and excavate a large area, not a bucket full. Same on Mt Diablo where the dude pokes his pen knife in the ground for 5 minutes then says "nope, no bombs in this entire area, lets move on".

Sorry my American friends but you once again prove that you cant be trusted to make a real documentary program!
Boo!

Postby StitchMallone » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:34 am

ophion1031 wrote:Ah, I didn't know that was Tahoe. I thought some other woman had stolen her find. Very cool, Tahoe! That is easily one of the biggest finds in the entire case.
Yep she did a great job! As for the find think we knew it a year or so on here thanks to her!
StitchMallone

Postby 4on4off » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:19 pm

R Vance wrote:
4on4off wrote:I get all that are negative about the show as we watch oodles of info being displayed as new when it as already been discussed here over years.

I just can't believe that these folks on the show are going to produce a potential solve that turns out to be just another forced solution. They have to, at the very least, produce something that is credible given their expertise and integrity.

I'm not sure whose integrity you are talking about.

Strictly referring to the code team. We all know, especially them, that just about anything can be forced to start the 340 and get a bogus result.

Oranchak
Knight
Bauer
Garlick

I just don't see these guys producing just another forced solution to the 340. That would be so disappointing.

Believe me, I have my doubt about the channel and the previous uneventful shows produced in the past but these guys have to at least come up with something that moves in a positive direction with the 340.
4on4off

Postby R Vance » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:49 pm

[/quote]

Strictly referring to the code team. We all know, especially them, that just about anything can be forced to start the 340 and get a bogus result.

Oranchak
Knight
Bauer
Garlick

I just don't see these guys producing just another forced solution to the 340. That would be so disappointing.

Believe me, I have my doubt about the channel and the previous uneventful shows produced in the past but these guys have to at least come up with something that moves in a positive direction with the 340.[/quote]

I certainly hope you are correct, but I won't be at all shocked if Episode 5 ends with a teaser about Series 2 and the hunt for the zodiac killer goes on.
R Vance

Postby Paul_Averly » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:23 pm

R Vance wrote:

Oranchak
Knight
Bauer
Garlick

Believe me, I have my doubt about the channel and the previous uneventful shows produced in the past but these guys have to at least come up with something that moves in a positive direction with the 340.

I certainly hope you are correct, but I won't be at all shocked if Episode 5 ends with a teaser about Series 2 and the hunt for the zodiac killer goes on.

I hope they don't promote a bogus solution as well. This show has been somewhat disappointing. The code guys know what they are doing and I still hold some hope that it gets solved.
Paul_Averly

Postby Tahoe27 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:23 pm

StitchMallone wrote:
ophion1031 wrote:Ah, I didn't know that was Tahoe. I thought some other woman had stolen her find. Very cool, Tahoe! That is easily one of the biggest finds in the entire case.
Yep she did a great job! As for the find think we knew it a year or so on here thanks to her!

Thanks...both of you! Sure appreciate it. It was an interesting experience, for sure... We filmed for several hours and had a great time doing it. Lots to discuss. I was surprised they didn't show the cover of the Death Wheel...that is much more eye catching, imo. But, they do what they do!

"...they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs--other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac's doorstep." L.A. Times, 1969
Tahoe27

Postby mrman7 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:08 pm

Boo! wrote:Sorry my American friends but you once again prove that you cant be trusted to make a real documentary program!

Errol Morris. Ken Burns.
mrman7

Postby mrman7 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:11 pm

Boo! wrote:Looks like they have forced something in the top half of the z340 so it also spells out a name on the bottom line. As we already know you can make the top few lines say pretty much anything due to the many unique symbols. Meh.

Agreed, from what they showed (teased really) this is yet another forced bit of mumbo jumbo much like what Graysmith "decoded." I look forward to the next program, although I'm sure whatever they "conclude" will be unconvincing at best and most likely easily debunked by folks on this forum.
mrman7

Postby mrman7 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:15 pm

Elton wrote: Uncle Sal and Mr Tat are the Laurel and Hardy of the crime world.

Lol totally. Sal seems like he's probably a decent detective who is going along with this silly show for whatever reason (money? notoriety? boredom in retirement?) Ken Mains seems like a total fool. "Donna Lass...Donner Pass...to me that can't be a coincidence." My wife and I were laughing our heads off. I feel bad for the Tahoe cops who had to sit and nod their heads while Mains was explaining how they go there.
mrman7

Postby mrman7 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:26 pm

Tahoe27 wrote:We filmed for several hours and had a great time doing it.

That was you! Awesome. That was definitely the highlight of the episode. My wife and I were literally saying that we wished the whole show was about you hunting the Zodiac instead of the cops. Season 2?
mrman7

PreviousNext

Return to News Wire