Zodiac DNA being worked on by SFPD & VALLEJO PD

NEWS WIRE- News Wire will be a spot for fresh news, hot off the press, and anyone here that is a member will be able to post news here

Re: Zodiac DNA being worked on by SFPD & VALLEJO PD

Postby Tahoe27 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:23 am

mike_r wrote:...The key is going to be DNA that is reproducible between different samples (unless it matches a known suspect or something in a database)

Maybe something like this is their intention.

"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple" - Dr. Suess
Tahoe27

Postby Tahoe27 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:27 am

YourSecretPal wrote:With even a partial DNA profile I bet they can determine Origin. Let's say a suspect was from a specific region or country, and perhaps letters were handled/mailed from a specific region or country. Could help them build or rule out a case.

At this point though, who knows who the DNA would belong to. It could send them down a (very) wrong trail. Guessing if it did point to someone, it might help, but...if it's an EMT or investigator, or some non-Zodiac person along the way...could be more wasted time. Like Mike mentioned above...they need to find some matching DNA from various sources (at least two) before it means something, imho.

"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple" - Dr. Suess
Tahoe27

Postby danmyers22 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:37 pm

Thanks for keeping us updated on whats going on with the case Morf.

And thanks to Mike_r for clarifying a few details about the DNA up to this point.

Whatever, if anything, comes of this, I am very interested.

Seeing that the DNA that they have to this point is completely unreliable to be a match for Z, I hope there has not been many people ruled out as a suspect because of DNA.
danmyers22

Postby WoodenIgloo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:06 pm

Maybe they got one of those 23andme.com tests mailed to them http://www.23andme.com :) LOL

The California Dept of Justice has the majority of the evidence. I predict that SFPD and Vallejo and Napa and Benicia are all going to play a part in the solving of the case. I also predict that they've finally stopped being so precious about the envelopes and have ripped the flaps off a few (that stamp evidence used in 2002 was and remains a joke) The Gyke DNA was obtained by Bode Labs in Virginia (Bode has since been acquired by Cellmark/LabCorp) I also predict that the "solvers" are looking at Gyke's familial DNA . You'll remember that SFPD refused to compare the samples, but they were sent to SFPD and I believe CAL DOJ. I think that the SFPD didn't want to be upped by the "History Channel" by solving the case (this was in Sept 2009 that documentary by The History Channel made it's debut.

The best that we can really hope for is that Gyke cannot be excluded by the DNA results (which I guess means he's the killer , but they don't have the goods on him 110%)
WoodenIgloo

Postby morf13 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:19 pm

There will be an effort to rule suspects out via DNA. If I get word who's ruled out, I'll post
morf13
Site Admin

Postby WoodenIgloo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:39 pm

Thanks Morf for having this site and keeping it up and active!
WoodenIgloo

Postby WoodenIgloo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:10 pm

Some interesting DNA News - It evolves yearly and it's amazing!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/vanessa-mar ... rs-slaying
WoodenIgloo

Postby duckking2001 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:39 pm

Thanks for the response Mike. I agree with you. I'm also skeptical about the results. I just hope that they have a good reason and aren't just blowing money.
duckking2001

Postby Zamantha » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:06 am

Off Topic, but an interesting story-where DNA helped with some answers. Who is Paul Fronczak?
https://www.foundlingpaul.com/single-po ... ion-in-DNA

Also, I did my Ancestry DNA & 123 & me. Totally fascinating findings. And a ton of highly probable relatives!
Someone in the Z's family must of taken their DNA test for their family tree. If LE would run the DNA they have on hand, they could see highly probable matchs.

Zam*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If Zodiac ever joined a Z forum, I'm sure he would have been banned for not following forum rules. Zam's/Quote
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zamantha

Postby DoctorS » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:09 am

So what I hear you say is Arthur Leigh Allen might not be ruled out by DNA after all...you're telling me there's a chance :o
DoctorS

PreviousNext

Return to News Wire