Ross main suspect on History Channel series

Ross Sullivan Discussion

Re: Ross main suspect on History Channel series

Postby Tahoe27 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:37 pm

StitchMallone wrote:The only thing that EP showed about Kane was he had code training and still looks like Henry the phone repairman on the show Alice...

That's hilarious!

"...they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs--other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac's doorstep." L.A. Times, 1969
Tahoe27

Postby JeffP » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:32 am

One thing stands out to me in this episode. It was when Mains says that if they discover Ross was military it'll be a game changer and would raise him (lifting his hand to head level) as a suspect. I wonder if this is a foreshadowing? I wonder if they discovered Ross was military.
JeffP

Postby Mr lowe » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:32 am

i have not been able to get episode two yet.. why is the military side of things so important.. if its the code his first one was not military grade and the second one could be more difficult just "because" he read up to make it harder.. if its shoes or boots all he needed was a family member Mum or Dad to be in the military and they could buy it for him. Returned soldiers were a plenty, so for me z being in the military is unimportant.
A killer we sort stood there among the dead
Mr lowe

Postby monarch » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:21 am

Mr lowe wrote:i have not been able to get episode two yet.. why is the military side of things so important.. if its the code his first one was not military grade and the second one could be more difficult just "because" he read up to make it harder.. if its shoes or boots all he needed was a family member Mum or Dad to be in the military and they could buy it for him. Returned soldiers were a plenty, so for me z being in the military is unimportant.

or he could have just bought his military apparel at an army surplus store, really no need for Z to have been military.

We know from Barbara Van Tomme (the RCC librarian) that Ross wore an army jacket & shoes.
monarch

Postby Gunya » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:43 am

Did Ross receive draft deferments ?
Gunya

Postby JeffP » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:02 pm

Gunya wrote:Did Ross receive draft deferments ?

There is a military record for Ross someone from this site got through the FOIA. He initially registered in late 1959 and was first examined in 1962 where he was classified 1-A. So there must have been some sort of deferment between 1959 and 1962. We know he went to Glendale College in 1959-1960 and then attended Riverside City College for a short time in 1961 (according to Joanne Bailey).

Then, for a reason no one knows, he was examined again in November 1963 and failed. He was reclassified 1-Y in January 1964. People with mental illness were usually classified 1-Y, which means approved for service if only absolutely necessary.
JeffP

Postby Gunya » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:03 pm

Thank you JeffP

How could Ross have gained knowledge about bomb making and Mt.Diablo ?

Also.... aren’t most cold cases solved with DNA ?
Gunya

Postby morf13 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:03 am

I don't think that Ross was ever in the military
morf13
Site Admin

Postby snooter » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:09 am

It is good to see ross finally breaking out of the second tier suspects....morf deserves mucho credit for this but i dont want to add to his 10 gallon head swell...was anything uncovered in regards to his mental health records or his whereabouts up north????
snooter

Postby morf13 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:11 pm

snooter wrote:It is good to see ross finally breaking out of the second tier suspects....morf deserves mucho credit for this but i dont want to add to his 10 gallon head swell...was anything uncovered in regards to his mental health records or his whereabouts up north????

Not that they have shared thus far
morf13
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Ross Sullivan