Making a murderer on Netflix

Hangout and post about Non-Zodiac related subjects here. (Please refrain from Politics & Religion)

Re: Making a murderer on Netflix

Postby duckking2001 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:35 am

Seems like Steven Avery's nephew Brendan is most likely going to be released. His conviction was overturned, but it's been bounced around back and forth with appeals from the state and the judges. I would guess that the documentary has helped.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/brendan-dassey-making-a-murderer-subject-ordered-released-by-friday-wisconsin-to-appeal/
duckking2001

Postby duckking2001 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:55 am

I was just reminded of this case. If there has been any new evidence in the past year I'm not aware of it, so my knowledge is just limited to what was publicly available around the time of the movie.

If you think that Steven Avery is innocent, I would like to hear a scenario of how it would be possible for someone else, IE, the real killer, to have known that Avery was the last person she was seen with? Or did they not know? In other words, do you think that it's just a coincidence that she was killed after visiting him? Is that more believable than him been the killer? I'm having a hard time with that one.
duckking2001

Postby Tahoe27 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:28 pm

duckking2001 wrote:I was just reminded of this case. If there has been any new evidence in the past year I'm not aware of it, so my knowledge is just limited to what was publicly available around the time of the movie.

If you think that Steven Avery is innocent, I would like to hear a scenario of how it would be possible for someone else, IE, the real killer, to have known that Avery was the last person she was seen with? Or did they not know? In other words, do you think that it's just a coincidence that she was killed after visiting him? Is that more believable than him been the killer? I'm having a hard time with that one.

This is going back a bit for me and going off memory, but it seems as if a few people knew she was there. That guy who lived on the same property...can't remember if he was related. Her (ex?) boyfriend may have known...he deleted messages from her phone--if I remember correctly. I thought that was odd. He may have known.

For me, I don't think someone being the last person to be with another seals the deal as the murderer. It would be a VERY stupid move on his part, as it would seem he would think others would know she was coming to his house. He could be stupid though. ;)

"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple" - Dr. Suess
Tahoe27

Postby bigbuckdownnc » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:43 pm

Facinating story for sure. I go back and fourth but I remember watching the below interview before he was arrested. I have a hard time believing Avery is sharp enough to pull off this interview if guilty. He obviously isn't very intelligent but cool as a cucumber given the circumstances.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EtrzOgH2k10
bigbuckdownnc

Postby duckking2001 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:35 am

Steven being the last person to see Teresa doesn't mean he killed her. It's not even a fact that he was the last person to see her. But I'm going on the argument that he was framed, so it seems to me whoever would frame him would need to have known the two were together that day.

His family members who were on the property and testified that they saw her certainly knew that. Assuming that the forensic evidence was later planted by police, the evidence that they would have had access to; the car and the body mainly, I would say casts equal suspicion on themselves because that only shows that someone on the Avery property was involved with the murder, not necessarily Steven himself.

A personal associate of hers might know that. That might be the best bet for this scenario. Whether there's anything else to support that or not, that's another story.

Then there's the police. That's what I have a problem with. If you suppose that they premeditated the murder, either directly or indirectly, they would have had to have spied on him and then taken advantage of this meeting to fulfill the plan of putting Avery away for good. I find that pretty unbelievable and terribly coincidental.

If they had nothing to do with the murder, but were later involved in the frame up by just planting evidence, then that means the killer had nothing to do with the frame and nothing to do with Steven Avery. The guy that they wanted to get rid of just happened to have been seen with a person who happened to get killed right at that time when they needed it most. How could they get so lucky? I think that might be the most improbable out of all circumstances.
duckking2001

Postby Tahoe27 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:50 am

What about the person who killed her having a family member in local law enforcement who knew they did it and were trying to cover their ass. ?? Just throwing that out there...

"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple" - Dr. Suess
Tahoe27

Previous

Return to The Hangout